Thornhill Dance Club is Thornhill community health group project.
Thornhill Dance Club works under IDTA (International Dance Teachers Association) and does the best to meet the highest standards of teaching dancing. The dance teachers are fully qualified and offer professional type of teaching dancing.
The aim of this project is:
- to establish a dance club in Thornhill area to deliver dance sessions/classes: Ballroom/ Latin, Sequence, Line Dance, Belly Dance, Freestyle, Salsa, Argentine Tango, Merengue, etc for people ( age from 4 up to 94+) on weekly basis;
- to promote dancing as a healthy physical, mental and social activity, and encourage people to improve their lifestyles through dancing;
- to create the place in Thornhill area where people could come to enjoy dancing, socializing, where children, teenagers could release their energy learning dancing, where lonely, depressed people could break their isolation finding new friends, dance partners and enjoy dancing in a welcoming atmosphere;
- to deliver dancing service for those who just want to learn to dance a bit, and for those who are dreaming about becoming professional dancers – the first in the area who would go to the international dance contests and show the delights of this wonderful activity;
- to give possibility for dancers to improve their dancing skills going for medal tests;
- to improve social life on the estate delivering tea dance, evening social dancing on weekly basis, holding dance events, competitions, festivals, performances;
- to make the dance sessions "accessible" keeping the entrance payment as low as possible;
Also, Thornhill Dance Club is happy to work with agencies and organizations (schools, colleges, clubs, youth centres, care homes, nursing homes, day centres for people with special needs, etc.) which have an understanding of the great impact of dancing on health and wellbeing.